MAXIMISING YOUR SKIN TIGHTENING TREATMENT RESULTS
Preparation & Post Care
To ensure your safety and to maximise the results of your Skin Tightening treatment, please familiarise yourself with the following information before you begin your treatment at Lotus Bird Vitality
The information on this page contains essential details, requirements, and instructions that you need to know before you begin your treatment.
Skin Tightening Preparation
Please avoid the following before your treatment:
- A heavy meal or fatty foods for one hour before your treatment.
- Caffeine for two hours before your treatment.
- Alcohol for 24 hours before your treatment.
- Laser treatments on the area for two weeks before your treatment.
- Excessive sun exposure for 48 hours before your treatment. We cannot treat sunburnt skin. If the skin is red, irritated, or broken, we cannot treat until the skin has completely healed.
- Our treatments are not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Please advise us of any blood thinning or skin thinning medications you are taking.
Skin Tightening Post Care
After your procedure, it is normal for the treated area to feel warm, flushed, red, and tingly.
Here are some things you should avoid:
- Waxing the treated area for 3-5 days.
- Lasering the treated area for 2 weeks.
- Exfoliating the skin for 2-3 days.
- Hot baths, steam rooms, and massage for 24 hours after treatment.
- Sunburn during the healing process of the skin for 2 weeks after treatment.
Here are some things you should do:
- Apply SPF 30 daily.
- Drink plenty of water.(1.5 litres per day)
- Schedule a follow-up appointment to review your progress.
- In order to allow the broken-down fat to settle and naturally eliminate from your body, it is important that you allow for a week to pass before having your next session.
Radio Frequency Skin Tightening side effects
Skin Tightening treatment is a safe and non-invasive treatment that helps reduce the pockets of fat without invasive surgery such as liposuction. In combination with RF skin tightening, it is often described as painless, comfortable or even relaxing.
As with any form of treatment, there is a possibility that a temporary side effect may occur.
Side effects in the cavitated area can include:
Tenderness or bruising Skin irritation Temporary numbness Redness (may occur post RF treatment, however usually subsides quickly)